May 20, 2011
Laurie Nicole Powell and Spencer Haynes Manning were united in marriage Jan. 8, 2011, at 5 p.m. at the First Baptist Church Chapel in Starkville. Rev. Philip Cartrette, uncle of the bride, officiated and Rev. Jason Barber, brother-in-law of the groom, offered a personal marital blessing. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Famiglio of Gulfport and Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Powell of Douglasville, Ga. She is the granddaughter of Mr. John Rednour and the late Mrs. Marilynne Rednour of Pascagoula, and Mrs. Betty Powell and the late Mr. George Powell of Meridian. Attending the bride as maid of honor was Alicia Marie Famiglio, sister of the bride. Matron of honor was Casey Manning Barber, sister of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Lettie Anne Barber, niece of the groom, and serving as flower girl was Ella Rae Barber, niece of the groom. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Manning of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Margie Haynes Manning and the late Mr. Robert Kirk Manning of Canton, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Frederick Bryant of Jackson. The groom’s father served as best man. The groomsman was Joseph Alan Famiglio, brother of the bride. Owen Ellis Barber, nephew of the groom, served as junior groomsman. Following a wedding trip to Belize, the couple is at home in Houston, Texas.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Registering their dissent: Nearly 1,000 attend Women's March in Jackson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY