May 20, 2011
Meagan Elizabeth Malone and Walton Alexander Lott were united in marriage Jan. 1, 2011, at the Lookout Mountain Fairyland Club on Lookout Mountain, Ga., in a ceremony that began at 1:11 p.m. Dr. Patrick Richard Malone of Tallahassee, Fla., uncle of the bride, officiated. The bride is the daughter of Dr.ís Mark and Patty Malone of Hattiesburg. She is the granddaughter of the late Wallace and Jackie Malone of Boca Raton, Fla., and the late Edward and Elizabeth Sharpe of Hutto, Texas. The groom is the son of James and Elizabeth Lott of Columbus. He is the grandson of Sara Lepicier of Aberdeen and the late Edward Word of Clearwater, Fla., and Betty Lott and the late Clyde E. Lott of Columbus. The bride carried a bouquet of calla lilies and wore a vintage gown composed of a 19th-century wrap and an early 20th-century skirt, combined with a modern bodice designed by Ida Faye McCardle of Petal. Attending the bride as maid of honor was Rachel Mae Evenson of Greenfield, Mass. Mr. Lott served his son as best man. Following a wedding trip in the mountains, the couple resides in Greensboro, N.C., where the bride is a graduate student and graduate assistant in the Department of Romance Languages and the groom is a graduate student in the School of Music at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY