January 15, 2012
Christina Lynn Skinner and Carl Philip Bernet IV, both of Denver, Colo., were married Aug. 6, 2011, at 6 p.m. at United Methodist Church in Cody, Wyo., with the Rev. Mary Barbee officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Terry Skinner of Cody. She is the granddaughter the late Mr. and Mrs. Lowell Bradshaw, Vi Skinner and the late Herb Skinner, and the late Elsie Skinner. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Danielle Skinner of Cody, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Margaret Bernet, Katherine Coates and Rebecca Huffine, all sisters of the groom, and Kassie Sullivan and Savanna Maconnell served as bridesmaids. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Philip Bernet III of Magnolia, Texas. He is the grandson of Mrs. Melvin Louis Puls of Columbus and the late Robert Herman Crowder, and Dr. and Mrs. Carl Philip Bernet II of Greenwood. Kenny Ainworth served as the best man. Groomsmen were Tom Kirkwood, Gary Hupp, Mike Leriger, Dale Huffine and Cody Coates. Following a wedding trip to Bora Bora, the couple resides in Broomfield, Colo., where the groom is employed by Encana Oil and Gas Inc. in Denver.
1. Burkhalter Rigging files bankruptcy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD investigator faces discipline for misusing resources COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Hotel death suspect pleads guilty to manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Slime dunk: MSU center McCowan teaches Starkville children how to make slime at Emerson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Three candidates vying for Lowndes chancery clerk COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY