May 6, 2012
Samantha Lewis and Toby Atkins were married April 7, 2012, at 2 p.m. at their home in Millport, Ala., with Charles Young officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Harold Lewis and Mrs. Patricia Lewis, both of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Sue Shelton and the late Mr. Olen Shelton of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lewis of Sedalia, Mo. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Emily Hankins of Caledonia served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mr. Charles Atkins and the late Mrs. Nelda Atkins of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mrs. Helen McDaniel and the late Mr. Zeb Higdon of Columbus, and Mrs. Maudine Atkins and the late Mr. Dwight Atkins of Millport. Terry Atkins of Millport, brother of the groom, served as best man. The couple resides in Millport. They are employed at Weathers Construction Inc., where the bride is office manager and the groom is a foreman.
1. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person injured in reported accidental shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY