July 22, 2012
Janice Hydrick and Michael Allen Nelms, both of Caledonia, were married June 23, 2012, at 2 p.m. at the home of Nellie Hydrick, with Judge Jim Kitchens officiating.. The bride is the daughter of Nellie Hydrick of Columbus and the late Bill R. Hydrick. She is the granddaughter of the late Laney and Josie Gibson, and the late Grover and Ozie Hydrick. The bride was given in marriage by her son, Kyle S. Christian. Debra Hydrick Martin of Vicksburg, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Jimmie L. and Bettye W. Nelms of Columbus. He is the grandson of the late Rupert L. and Mary Boyd Nelms, and the late Preston Homer Wade and Nina Abel Wade. The Rev. Tommy Gillon served as best man. Following a camping trip to Dewayne Hayes State Park, the couple resides in Caledonia. The groom is employed with Johnny Bishop RV. The bride is self-employed.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Good Samaritan clinic helps Lowndes County residents COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY