February 17, 2013
Emily Shauna Davis and Brian Alan McGairty were married Dec. 14, 2012, at The Barn in the Cotton Market in Pearl with the Rev. Scott Carter officiating. The bride is the daughter of Kirby and Kathy Deer of Pearl. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless taffeta mermaid gown accented with a rhinestone sash and matching headpiece. Sisters of the bride, Jennifer Mayeu and Kelsey Lancaster, served as bridesmaids. The flower girls, dressed in ivory organza dresses and brown western boots, were Cavie Mayeu and Raelyn McHenry. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne McGairty of Columbus. Groomsmen were Mark McGarity, brother of the groom, and Brad Rogers. Following a wedding trip to Disneyland, the couple resides in Pearl. The bride teaches ICT I and II at Pearl Junior High School where she is also the cheer coach. The groom is employed as a lieutenant at the Pearl Police Department and serves as the city code enforcement officer.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY