September 8, 2018 4:30:05 AM
FINAL: Mississippi State 31, Kansas State 10.
- So, I know I said earlier in the week in the Mailbag that the running back decision was still up in the air, based on what I gathered from snap counts from the Stephen F. Austin game. I don't think it's up in the air anymore. Hill got 17 carries, Nick Gibson got three and Aeris Williams got none, all coming in a big road game. This is pretty clear.
- I'm going to write about the defense later this weekend, but what I was impressed by with them was they did it all. They had times where they weren't getting behind the line but still slowed K-State up; then the tackles for a loss came. They played a lot of good coverage and they pressured the QB in a lot of ways. This was an impressive showing at every level.
- MSU attempted 25 passes today; 14 of them went to Stephen Guidry, Austin Williams and Osirus Mitchell. That's a significant development.
Follow Dispatch sports writer Brett Hudson on Twitter @Brett_Hudson
4. Magnolia Film Festival returns for 22nd year ENTERTAINMENT
5. Pottery demo at Columbus Library set for Feb. 26 ENTERTAINMENT