February 10, 2011 9:13:00 AM
Mississippi State University, which had planned to resume classes this afternoon, decided to remain closed for the full day and make a decision about Friday''s schedule as weather develops through tonight.
"Temperatures Thursday have not risen as quickly as predicted, making campus conditions for the remainder of the day uncertain," the university said in a release. "After assessing weather conditions, the university will remain closed and classes canceled for the remainder of the day, Thursday, Feb 10."
The university said information about resuming normal campus operations for Friday will be made by 5 a.m. Friday and posted to the MSU website. The university advised students and staff to monitor local weather, news and the MSU website for further information.
Perry Cafeteria will be open today, but all other campus dining operations will be closed, officials said.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY