February 10, 2011 9:13:00 AM
Mississippi State University, which had planned to resume classes this afternoon, decided to remain closed for the full day and make a decision about Friday''s schedule as weather develops through tonight.
"Temperatures Thursday have not risen as quickly as predicted, making campus conditions for the remainder of the day uncertain," the university said in a release. "After assessing weather conditions, the university will remain closed and classes canceled for the remainder of the day, Thursday, Feb 10."
The university said information about resuming normal campus operations for Friday will be made by 5 a.m. Friday and posted to the MSU website. The university advised students and staff to monitor local weather, news and the MSU website for further information.
Perry Cafeteria will be open today, but all other campus dining operations will be closed, officials said.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY