February 10, 2011 9:13:00 AM
Mississippi State University, which had planned to resume classes this afternoon, decided to remain closed for the full day and make a decision about Friday''s schedule as weather develops through tonight.
"Temperatures Thursday have not risen as quickly as predicted, making campus conditions for the remainder of the day uncertain," the university said in a release. "After assessing weather conditions, the university will remain closed and classes canceled for the remainder of the day, Thursday, Feb 10."
The university said information about resuming normal campus operations for Friday will be made by 5 a.m. Friday and posted to the MSU website. The university advised students and staff to monitor local weather, news and the MSU website for further information.
Perry Cafeteria will be open today, but all other campus dining operations will be closed, officials said.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY