February 10, 2011 9:13:00 AM
Mississippi State University, which had planned to resume classes this afternoon, decided to remain closed for the full day and make a decision about Friday''s schedule as weather develops through tonight.
"Temperatures Thursday have not risen as quickly as predicted, making campus conditions for the remainder of the day uncertain," the university said in a release. "After assessing weather conditions, the university will remain closed and classes canceled for the remainder of the day, Thursday, Feb 10."
The university said information about resuming normal campus operations for Friday will be made by 5 a.m. Friday and posted to the MSU website. The university advised students and staff to monitor local weather, news and the MSU website for further information.
Perry Cafeteria will be open today, but all other campus dining operations will be closed, officials said.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY