March 2, 2011 12:18:00 PM
BILOXI - A judge has dismissed charges against actor Gary Collins for allegedly leaving a Biloxi restaurant without paying his bill.
A clerk in the justice court in Harrison County said Judge Albert Fountain dismissed the case Wednesday after an employee of Jazzeppi''s restaurant asked to withdraw his complaint against Collins.
Collins had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper after allegedly failing to pay a $59.35 bill. The incident occurred Jan. 4. Refusing to pay a bill of more than $25 is a felony in Mississippi
Calls to the restaurant by The Associated Press were not returned Wednesday. The phone was answered by a recording. However, restaurant owner David Mattina had said he planned to get the charge dropped.
Collins could not be reached immediately for comment.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CMSD Monday meeting to focus on special ed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY