March 2, 2011 12:18:00 PM
BILOXI - A judge has dismissed charges against actor Gary Collins for allegedly leaving a Biloxi restaurant without paying his bill.
A clerk in the justice court in Harrison County said Judge Albert Fountain dismissed the case Wednesday after an employee of Jazzeppi''s restaurant asked to withdraw his complaint against Collins.
Collins had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper after allegedly failing to pay a $59.35 bill. The incident occurred Jan. 4. Refusing to pay a bill of more than $25 is a felony in Mississippi
Calls to the restaurant by The Associated Press were not returned Wednesday. The phone was answered by a recording. However, restaurant owner David Mattina had said he planned to get the charge dropped.
Collins could not be reached immediately for comment.
1. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY