March 2, 2011 12:18:00 PM
BILOXI - A judge has dismissed charges against actor Gary Collins for allegedly leaving a Biloxi restaurant without paying his bill.
A clerk in the justice court in Harrison County said Judge Albert Fountain dismissed the case Wednesday after an employee of Jazzeppi''s restaurant asked to withdraw his complaint against Collins.
Collins had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper after allegedly failing to pay a $59.35 bill. The incident occurred Jan. 4. Refusing to pay a bill of more than $25 is a felony in Mississippi
Calls to the restaurant by The Associated Press were not returned Wednesday. The phone was answered by a recording. However, restaurant owner David Mattina had said he planned to get the charge dropped.
Collins could not be reached immediately for comment.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. First Vote: A Dispatch special series COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY