March 2, 2011 12:18:00 PM
BILOXI - A judge has dismissed charges against actor Gary Collins for allegedly leaving a Biloxi restaurant without paying his bill.
A clerk in the justice court in Harrison County said Judge Albert Fountain dismissed the case Wednesday after an employee of Jazzeppi''s restaurant asked to withdraw his complaint against Collins.
Collins had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper after allegedly failing to pay a $59.35 bill. The incident occurred Jan. 4. Refusing to pay a bill of more than $25 is a felony in Mississippi
Calls to the restaurant by The Associated Press were not returned Wednesday. The phone was answered by a recording. However, restaurant owner David Mattina had said he planned to get the charge dropped.
Collins could not be reached immediately for comment.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY