March 11, 2011 2:08:00 PM
A gag order has been issued in the case of a New Hope math teacher reportedly accused of having a sexual relationship with a student.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Greg Wright confirmed Katherine Robbins had a probable-cause hearing. No action was taken, he said; however, 16th Circuit Court Judge Jim Kitchens issued a gag order.
"It is an ongoing investigation ... and we''re going to let the investigation run its course before we release any information," Wright said.
The Columbus Packet reported "Robbins, a married mother of two, is accused of having sex on multiple occasions with the 17-year-old student over the last two months."
Lowndes County School District Superintendent of Education Mike Halford would not comment on the matter.
No formal charges have been filed against Robbins.
1. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY