March 11, 2011 2:08:00 PM
A gag order has been issued in the case of a New Hope math teacher reportedly accused of having a sexual relationship with a student.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Greg Wright confirmed Katherine Robbins had a probable-cause hearing. No action was taken, he said; however, 16th Circuit Court Judge Jim Kitchens issued a gag order.
"It is an ongoing investigation ... and we''re going to let the investigation run its course before we release any information," Wright said.
The Columbus Packet reported "Robbins, a married mother of two, is accused of having sex on multiple occasions with the 17-year-old student over the last two months."
Lowndes County School District Superintendent of Education Mike Halford would not comment on the matter.
No formal charges have been filed against Robbins.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY