March 11, 2011 2:08:00 PM
A gag order has been issued in the case of a New Hope math teacher reportedly accused of having a sexual relationship with a student.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Greg Wright confirmed Katherine Robbins had a probable-cause hearing. No action was taken, he said; however, 16th Circuit Court Judge Jim Kitchens issued a gag order.
"It is an ongoing investigation ... and we''re going to let the investigation run its course before we release any information," Wright said.
The Columbus Packet reported "Robbins, a married mother of two, is accused of having sex on multiple occasions with the 17-year-old student over the last two months."
Lowndes County School District Superintendent of Education Mike Halford would not comment on the matter.
No formal charges have been filed against Robbins.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY