March 17, 2011 10:48:00 AM
The Lowndes County Circuit Clerk''s office, on the second floor of the Lowndes County Courthouse, will be open only for minimal business and emergencies on Friday. Lowndes County Circuit Clerk Haley Salazar and 10 deputy clerks will move to their new office, a newly renovated space just down the hall on Friday.
The office will close early, at 4 p.m., on Friday, as the circuit clerk''s mainframe computer is moved. The courthouse is being renovated in several phases, and a complete move will take several months. Salazar asks that the public bear with the office as they transition.
For non-urgent circuit court business, Salazar asks patrons to wait until next week to conduct business. Public terminals will be open for those needing to search court records. For more information, contact the circuit clerk''s office at 662-329-5900.
1. Man arrested for walking onto field during Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CVB purchases Elks Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bell ringers and Angel Trees: Volunteers and donations still needed by Salvation Army COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors donate land for new Communiversity site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. For Amos, a goodbye to drug court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY