March 17, 2011 10:48:00 AM
The Lowndes County Circuit Clerk''s office, on the second floor of the Lowndes County Courthouse, will be open only for minimal business and emergencies on Friday. Lowndes County Circuit Clerk Haley Salazar and 10 deputy clerks will move to their new office, a newly renovated space just down the hall on Friday.
The office will close early, at 4 p.m., on Friday, as the circuit clerk''s mainframe computer is moved. The courthouse is being renovated in several phases, and a complete move will take several months. Salazar asks that the public bear with the office as they transition.
For non-urgent circuit court business, Salazar asks patrons to wait until next week to conduct business. Public terminals will be open for those needing to search court records. For more information, contact the circuit clerk''s office at 662-329-5900.
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY