April 17, 2009
STARKVILLE -- There''s something for everyone this weekend in Starkville with sports, arts, food and music, and those who want to give back to the community have a chance to combine some of these activities into one event.
The Council of Community Organizations, otherwise known as COCO, is a non-profit organization located in Starkville and dedicated to the residents of Oktibbeha County. The organization is offering a concert at 6 p.m. Saturday at the COCO Center in Starkville as a fundraiser for the organization.
Featured music will be provided by the male chorus of Griffin United Methodist Church in Starkville. Other choirs scheduled to perform include Plair United Methodist Church Male Chorus and Bethel Missionary Baptist Church Male Chorus,
"COCO offers great benefits to the community, and we want to support the goals," said James Little.
The public is invited to attend, and a free will offering will be collected with all funds raised going to the support of COCO. The organization was founded in 1984 to provide individuals with the tools they need to succeed. It is committed to the individual and economic development of the communities. Membership in the organization is open to all clubs, organizations and individuals interested and willing to participate in its programs.
The COCO Center is located at 1408 Old Highway 82 E. in Starkville.
For more information on the benefit, contact Little at 662-320-6908 or Emma Randle at 662-323-5694 or visit COCO online at http://www.cococenter.org.
1. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Arrest report 10-23-17 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dream flights: Vets treated to a spin in vintage WWII plane COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. AG's Office spot checks for underage drinking STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY