April 2, 2011 9:20:00 PM
A 28-year-old man who was critically injured in a motorcycle wreck Thursday was upgraded to "fair" condition Saturday in Jackson.
William Miller, of Carrollton, Ala., accidentally rear-ended another car, causing him and his new Suzuki motorcycle to flip, late Thursday on Main Street near Propst Park.
While lying in the road at a section with a broken streetlight, Miller was accidentally run over by a 17-year-old woman in a 2010 Toyota Corolla and dragged more than 50 feet down Main Street by his helmet, which was stuck under the car.
He likely would have died if not for three passersby who lifted the car off of him, according to police officers at the scene.
Miller was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in critical condition, then to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
He was ticketed for driving with a suspended driver''s license and without proof of insurance.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY