April 5, 2011 10:11:00 AM
An Oktibbeha County man was airlifted to Tupelo Sunday after being severely injured in an ATV accident.
Lionel Lamarcus Jones, 28, of 2059 Polly Bell Road, suffered compound fractures in both legs when he lost control of a four-wheeler on Polly Bell Road and hit a stump shortly before 4:30 p.m. The impact threw Jones into the air. Sheriff Dolph Bryan said Jones was not impacted by the four-wheeler.
Three people witnessed the accident and called emergency personnel.
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Parks partners with SOCSD for joint use of facilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Rick Young returns as EMCC interim president COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY