April 5, 2011 10:11:00 AM
An Oktibbeha County man was airlifted to Tupelo Sunday after being severely injured in an ATV accident.
Lionel Lamarcus Jones, 28, of 2059 Polly Bell Road, suffered compound fractures in both legs when he lost control of a four-wheeler on Polly Bell Road and hit a stump shortly before 4:30 p.m. The impact threw Jones into the air. Sheriff Dolph Bryan said Jones was not impacted by the four-wheeler.
Three people witnessed the accident and called emergency personnel.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY