April 5, 2011 10:11:00 AM
An Oktibbeha County man was airlifted to Tupelo Sunday after being severely injured in an ATV accident.
Lionel Lamarcus Jones, 28, of 2059 Polly Bell Road, suffered compound fractures in both legs when he lost control of a four-wheeler on Polly Bell Road and hit a stump shortly before 4:30 p.m. The impact threw Jones into the air. Sheriff Dolph Bryan said Jones was not impacted by the four-wheeler.
Three people witnessed the accident and called emergency personnel.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY