April 5, 2011 10:11:00 AM
An Oktibbeha County man was airlifted to Tupelo Sunday after being severely injured in an ATV accident.
Lionel Lamarcus Jones, 28, of 2059 Polly Bell Road, suffered compound fractures in both legs when he lost control of a four-wheeler on Polly Bell Road and hit a stump shortly before 4:30 p.m. The impact threw Jones into the air. Sheriff Dolph Bryan said Jones was not impacted by the four-wheeler.
Three people witnessed the accident and called emergency personnel.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY