April 5, 2011 10:11:00 AM
An Oktibbeha County man was airlifted to Tupelo Sunday after being severely injured in an ATV accident.
Lionel Lamarcus Jones, 28, of 2059 Polly Bell Road, suffered compound fractures in both legs when he lost control of a four-wheeler on Polly Bell Road and hit a stump shortly before 4:30 p.m. The impact threw Jones into the air. Sheriff Dolph Bryan said Jones was not impacted by the four-wheeler.
Three people witnessed the accident and called emergency personnel.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY