April 18, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Former Arkansas governor and U.S. presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee will be among the featured speakers for Mississippi State University''s 22nd annual Mississippi Insurance Day.
Taking place Wednesday and Thursday, the program of assemblies and continuing education sessions is sponsored by the university''s Peter K. Lutken Chair of Insurance. The College of Business'' risk management, insurance and financial planning academic program -- among the largest in the U.S. -- is co-sponsor.
Huckabee, now a political commentator for the Fox News Channel, led Arkansas for two terms from 1996-2007. Last year, he finished third in the Republican presidential primaries.
Each spring, I-Day programs have attracted to campus insurance company attorneys, claims adjusters and agents, fire investigators, legislators, municipal and county managers, and law enforcement officials, among others. Typically involving more than 600 professionals, the event now is among Mississippi''s largest financial service activities.
Also speaking this year will be MSU President Mark Keenum, Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney and his predecessor, George Dale. Alabama''s insurance commissioner and his South Carolina counterpart will be among others on the program.
For information, contact professor Edwin L. Duett Jr., at 662-325-2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KJ commented at 4/19/2009 2:50:00 PM:
Really? At Insurance Day? I mean, if there was some connection to insurance it might make sense.
Andy commented at 4/30/2009 3:24:00 PM:
Uh..It is politics. I don't see where there is NOT a connection.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY