April 20, 2009
A Columbus Police officer directing traffic at Sunday''s Mississippi Kid Festival was struck by a vehicle, but did not suffer serious injuries, according to a Columbus Police Department official.
CPD Officer Rick Higgins was helping move traffic out of the Columbus Fairgrounds Sunday night when a Dodge pick-up truck driven by a white female hit the officer.
The accident happened at 11 p.m.
Higgins was knocked back a couple feet away from the accident and taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where he was treated and released.
The name of the woman who hit Higgins is not being released pending an investigation of the accident by the Mississippi Highway Patrol. There is no word yet on whether charges will be brought against her.
Capt. Fred Shelton of the CPD said the accident was the only problem police experienced during last night''s Southern Rock concert benefit for Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Ean Evans, who is being treated for cancer.
"That was the only problem we had, and we could have done without that," he said.
And commented at 4/20/2009 8:20:00 PM:
jams commented at 10/17/2009 11:39:00 PM:
Hi, everybody here, I just spent more than 1000 USD in louie vuitton and bought one gift for my wife, I think it's worth and the bag drives my wife crazy.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY