April 30, 2011 4:18:00 PM
JACKSON - Here are the people killed by severe storms in Mississippi during this past week, according to lists provided by coroners and law enforcement officers:
· Chickasaw County: Three deaths. Names unavailable.
· Choctaw County: One death. Wade Sharp, 40, a lieutenant for the Covington, La., Police Department, died Wednesday in Jeff Busby Park while he was camping with his daughter and a tree fell on their tent.
· Clarke County: Four deaths. Billy Joe Haney, 32; Pat Robinson, 64; Dewayne Baldwin, 46; and Robert Jenkins, 58. All died Wednesday in a mobile home in the New Bethel community.
· Jasper County: Two deaths. Husband and wife, Michael Maily, 59, and Beverly Maily, 57, died Wednesday in a mobile home that was destroyed in the Louin community.
· Kemper County: Three deaths. Sisters Florrie Green and Maxine McDonald, and their sister-in-law Johnnie Green, all died in a mobile home that was destroyed Wednesday. All were in their 80s.
· Lafayette County: One death. Charles Jones, 57, of Oxford, was killed about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday when his 18-wheeler truck hit a tree and ran off Mississippi Highway 30 east of Oxford.
· Marshall County: Two deaths. Charles Foster, late 50s, of Byhalia, died of an apparent heart attack early Tuesday while helping other volunteer firefighters clear trees from a road. Rev. Artwell Craft, 66, of Holly Springs, died when his car washed off a flooded road early Wednesday he was going to pick up a patient who had a dialysis appointment.
· Monroe County: 15 deaths. Thomas Lynn Davis, 55; of Monroe County. Smithville deaths: Jessie Cox, 84; Courtney Easter, 21; Mildred Elam, 79; Nellie Ruth Estis, 61; Roy Estis, 63; Mavis Gann, 70; Celia Fay Jackson, 92; Carla Jones, 37; Marvis Jean Manley, 70; Alan Scott Morris, 41; Betty Newkirk, 78; Jessica Pace, 18; Lucille Parker, 86; Elvin Patterson, 80; Mary Lavern Patterson, 77.
· Pike County: One death. Jabriel M. Branch, 3, of McComb, died when a tree fell on her family''s home.
· Smith County: One death. Anthony Turner, 53, died in a mobile home that was destroyed in the Warren Hill community.
· Webster County: One death. Mike Rogers, age not available, killed about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday when a tree fell on his mobile home in Ticky Bend between Eupora and Mathiston off U.S. 82.
· Yazoo County: One death. Charles H. "Harold'' Coker, 48, of Yazoo City, a road crew member who was killed Wednesday when he was struck by a tree the crew was removing from old Highway 49.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY