May 3, 2011 12:46:00 PM
Crews from 4-County Electric Power Association are almost finished restored power following a series of deadly storms in late April.
Power has been restored to all customers who are able to receive power, 4-County reported this morning. As customers are able to receive power, 4-County will restore the remaining outages.
In the 4-County coverage area, about 300 poles were broken, and vast expanses of line were snapped as a result of the deadly April 27 storm system. Crews from other utilities assisted the nearly 200 people affiliated with 4-County who worked in the field to restore power.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY