May 3, 2011 12:46:00 PM
Crews from 4-County Electric Power Association are almost finished restored power following a series of deadly storms in late April.
Power has been restored to all customers who are able to receive power, 4-County reported this morning. As customers are able to receive power, 4-County will restore the remaining outages.
In the 4-County coverage area, about 300 poles were broken, and vast expanses of line were snapped as a result of the deadly April 27 storm system. Crews from other utilities assisted the nearly 200 people affiliated with 4-County who worked in the field to restore power.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY