May 4, 2011 10:40:00 AM
When nature called Monday, O''Dell Stevenson Carter Jr. answered it -- in the trash can of the room where police were testing him for drunken driving.
Carter, of 114 Gaylane Drive, was pulled over for drunken driving at about 10:30 p.m. Monday and was taken to the Columbus Municipal Complex for a blood-alcohol content level test.
The defendant first garnered the community''s attention in 2010, when he allegedly chased a woman from her Alabama Street home with a sword during a burglary.
This year, he was arrested in March for allegedly stealing his mother''s credit card and her two diamond rings.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 5/7/2011 2:21:00 PM:
Are the local courts waiting until this guy seriously hurts someone to do something?
1. Shifting to local: Coffee shop rebrands after getting new owner COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SOCSD bans former teacher from campuses STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Armed robbery case ends in mistrial COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Moore will run for Starkville mayor in 2017 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD seeks increased community input COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY