May 4, 2011 10:40:00 AM
When nature called Monday, O''Dell Stevenson Carter Jr. answered it -- in the trash can of the room where police were testing him for drunken driving.
Carter, of 114 Gaylane Drive, was pulled over for drunken driving at about 10:30 p.m. Monday and was taken to the Columbus Municipal Complex for a blood-alcohol content level test.
The defendant first garnered the community''s attention in 2010, when he allegedly chased a woman from her Alabama Street home with a sword during a burglary.
This year, he was arrested in March for allegedly stealing his mother''s credit card and her two diamond rings.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 5/7/2011 2:21:00 PM:
Are the local courts waiting until this guy seriously hurts someone to do something?
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY