May 4, 2011 10:40:00 AM
When nature called Monday, O''Dell Stevenson Carter Jr. answered it -- in the trash can of the room where police were testing him for drunken driving.
Carter, of 114 Gaylane Drive, was pulled over for drunken driving at about 10:30 p.m. Monday and was taken to the Columbus Municipal Complex for a blood-alcohol content level test.
The defendant first garnered the community''s attention in 2010, when he allegedly chased a woman from her Alabama Street home with a sword during a burglary.
This year, he was arrested in March for allegedly stealing his mother''s credit card and her two diamond rings.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 5/7/2011 2:21:00 PM:
Are the local courts waiting until this guy seriously hurts someone to do something?
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY