May 26, 2011 12:11:00 PM
Magen Nelson, staffing specialist at Key Staff Source, recently received the Certified Staffing Professional designation from the American Staffing Association. The CSP program offers a professional credential through completion of an in-depth, self-study course, and an exam of labor and employment law principles and ethical practices applicable to the staffing industry.
The CSP program promotes industrywide competency standards through a uniform national program.
ASA represents the U.S. staffing industry. Member companies provide temporary help, contract labor, and permanent placement services through 15,000 offices across the nation and account for 85 percent of U.S. staffing industry revenues.
Key Staff Source is an independently owned and operated full-service staffing firm with offices in, Columbus, Tupelo and Tuscaloosa, Ala. Nelson has worked with Key Staff Source for 10 months.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY