April 24, 2009
Residents in eastern Lowndes County Monday night will have an opportunity to voice concerns over road paving and drainage issues in their communities.
Lowndes County District 4 Supervisor Jeff Smith will hold the community meeting at 6 p.m. Monday at the National Guard Armory at 111 Fabritek Drive, off Highway 69 South.
"We just wanted to give everyone in the eastern part of Lowndes County a chance to bring any concerns they may have to their supervisor," said Smith. "It will be kind of an open forum for anyone who wants to come to voice their concerns."
Although the meeting will not have a set agenda, Smith said the discussion likely will include road paving and property drainage issues.
"That area of the county has a lot of problems with drainage, and a lot of people are concerned about aging roads," Smith said.
"We just want to be accessible to everyone and be able to identify and work towards solutions to some of these problems," Smith added. "We want to do something about every problem, but sometimes we aren''t able to do anything about them. We want to be as forthcoming as we can be and actually identify problems we aren''t able to solve right now."
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY