April 24, 2009
Cadence Bank Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Lewis F. Mallory Jr. recently announced Jan Robinson as senior vice president.
Robinson began working for BankFirst Financial Services while attending high school and college. Upon graduating college she worked for six years with First Columbus National Bank as internal auditor. In 1996 Robinson joined Cadence as the director of compliance. As a senior vice president she will oversee the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and consumer regulations, coordinate the develop of policies and procedures with department managers to ensure compliance, and coordinate training for all employees.
She graduated from Mississippi University for Women with a bachelor''s degree in accounting in 1990 and received a professional designation from the Institute of Certified Bankers as a certified regulatory compliance manager in 1998. She has been an instructor for the American Bankers Association on various consumer compliance and customer service courses. In 1995 she was honored with the Woman of Excellence Award from East Central Group of Financial Women International and was selected as the Mississippi Woman of Excellence by Financial Women International in 1996.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY