April 24, 2009
Cadence Bank Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Lewis F. Mallory Jr. recently announced Jan Robinson as senior vice president.
Robinson began working for BankFirst Financial Services while attending high school and college. Upon graduating college she worked for six years with First Columbus National Bank as internal auditor. In 1996 Robinson joined Cadence as the director of compliance. As a senior vice president she will oversee the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and consumer regulations, coordinate the develop of policies and procedures with department managers to ensure compliance, and coordinate training for all employees.
She graduated from Mississippi University for Women with a bachelor''s degree in accounting in 1990 and received a professional designation from the Institute of Certified Bankers as a certified regulatory compliance manager in 1998. She has been an instructor for the American Bankers Association on various consumer compliance and customer service courses. In 1995 she was honored with the Woman of Excellence Award from East Central Group of Financial Women International and was selected as the Mississippi Woman of Excellence by Financial Women International in 1996.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY