April 24, 2009
Firefighters Mitchell R. Banks and Tyler Lofton of the Columbus Fire Department recently graduated from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter course held at the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Jackson. This intense six week course included classroom and practical instruction in the areas of fire behavior, fire suppression, rescue, incident command, hazardous materials and other fire-related topics. This course meets and exceeds the National Fire Protection Association for Firefighter Qualifications and the uniform minimum training standards stated in the Mississippi Code section 83-1-37.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY