April 24, 2009
Firefighters Mitchell R. Banks and Tyler Lofton of the Columbus Fire Department recently graduated from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter course held at the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Jackson. This intense six week course included classroom and practical instruction in the areas of fire behavior, fire suppression, rescue, incident command, hazardous materials and other fire-related topics. This course meets and exceeds the National Fire Protection Association for Firefighter Qualifications and the uniform minimum training standards stated in the Mississippi Code section 83-1-37.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY