April 24, 2009
Firefighters Mitchell R. Banks and Tyler Lofton of the Columbus Fire Department recently graduated from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter course held at the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Jackson. This intense six week course included classroom and practical instruction in the areas of fire behavior, fire suppression, rescue, incident command, hazardous materials and other fire-related topics. This course meets and exceeds the National Fire Protection Association for Firefighter Qualifications and the uniform minimum training standards stated in the Mississippi Code section 83-1-37.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Lost and found: Woman learns value of social media in finding lost pets COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY