April 24, 2009
William "Gene" Coleman of Columbus has been awarded the Mississippi Municipal League''s Basic Certified Municipal Official''s designation. Under this program, local elected officials complete training and activities directly related to understanding and improving the management of local municipal issues. To achieve this certification, participants must also accumulate 40 elective hours of training presented by the Mississippi Municipal League. The program is designed to take about two years to complete.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Aircraft crashes near Columbus Air Force Base COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD, OSCO launch seat belt enforcement campaign STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY