April 24, 2009
William "Gene" Coleman of Columbus has been awarded the Mississippi Municipal League''s Basic Certified Municipal Official''s designation. Under this program, local elected officials complete training and activities directly related to understanding and improving the management of local municipal issues. To achieve this certification, participants must also accumulate 40 elective hours of training presented by the Mississippi Municipal League. The program is designed to take about two years to complete.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY