April 24, 2009
William "Gene" Coleman of Columbus has been awarded the Mississippi Municipal League''s Basic Certified Municipal Official''s designation. Under this program, local elected officials complete training and activities directly related to understanding and improving the management of local municipal issues. To achieve this certification, participants must also accumulate 40 elective hours of training presented by the Mississippi Municipal League. The program is designed to take about two years to complete.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY