Jessica Dawn Ingram Photo by: Provided
June 14, 2011 12:15:00 PM
A Columbus woman reported missing in Starkville last week called police to let them know she was OK on Monday.
According to Starkville police, Jessica Dawn Ingram, 34, of 2411 Old Yorkville Road in Columbus, contacted the Oktibbeha County Sheriff''s Office Monday from a convenience store located on Highway 182. A patrol deputy went to the scene and transported Ingram to the Starkville Police Department where she was interviewed.
Ingram was last spotted on June 5, leaving the Regal Inn on Highway 182 walking toward the intersection of Highway 182 and North Montgomery Street. She left several personal items behind, including a cellphone, but told police she left of her own free will.
The SPD issued a statement thanking citizens, the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office and OCSO for assisting in locating Ingram.
soundtex commented at 6/15/2011 4:21:00 PM:
This is exactly the reason, when you have an emergency concerning a lost child, or, relative.. the authorities wait 24-48 hours to determine whether your missing person is actually a missing person... the frivilous antics of crazy people acting out their own "movie"- what a waste of taxpayers money.. perhaps they could total up the hours versus people working to find her, and charge her a "frivilous fine" for "disappearing on her own violition"
1. Dog gives his life protecting child from rattlesnake COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 2 dead in Oktibbeha County car crash STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. MSU blue-chip guard popped for DUI STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Reclaiming the past: Local businessman making living selling salvaged material for new construction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD welcomes 11 new officers to force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY