April 27, 2009
The Monroe County Sheriff''s Office released the following felony arrests reports:
"This is a case where it appears the offender is not taking registration very seriously," said Monroe County Sheriff Andy Hood. "We have 46 sex offenders that are registered in Monroe County. They need to make themselves familiar with the law and how to stay in compliance of it."
The arrests of Gilleylen and Pargo were the result of a joint effort between the Monroe County SWAT team and the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit. The groups executed a search warrant at 20361 Old Houston Road Monday.
Upon seeing law enforcement Gillyelen fled the scene and led police on a brief chase. She was stopped on Old Houston Road and found to have in her possession two ounces of powder cocaine.
Arrested at the house, Pargo was found to be in possession of powder cocaine, crack cocaine, ecstasy and a small amount of marijuana.
Bond was set at $100,000 for Gilleylen and $200,000 for Pargo by Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes.
Fowlkes set Vasser''s bond at $100,000.
1. Wait joins Dispatch staff as new MSU reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Heiselt leaving Starkville school board, recommends Myles to post STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. SMART splits Boardtown route, adds new stops for residents STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Same-sex marriage: Local counties prepared to issue licenses COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus author wins prize for legal fiction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY