July 6, 2011 11:01:00 AM
A woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend with a steak knife during an argument over shoes Tuesday is out on $2,500 bond today.
Labrenda D. Roby, 20, of 1415 12th Ave. N., posted bond after stabbing her boyfriend in the head as he tried to disarm her during an argument at about 4:50 a.m. Tuesday, said Columbus Police Public Information Officer Terrie Songer.
They had been arguing about whether she had the money to buy the shoes, Songer continued.
She was charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, a felony, and a misdemeanor of giving officers false information.
The 19-year-old victim declined transportation to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, despite an inch-long gash on his head, Songer said.
Bond was also set at $2,500 Tuesday for a 38-year-old man, Kenneth Brown, of 616 Black Creek Road, who is accused of punching his girlfriend in the face early Saturday.
The bloody victim told police at 2 a.m. Saturday that Brown had hit her in the face while she was driving on 10th Avenue North.
Brown was picked up and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY