May 1, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State University police officers arrested Danny Solomon following an early-morning incident today near McKee Hall, a university residence facility on East Lee Boulevard.
Officers called to the scene at approximately 4 a.m. have charged a suspect with strong-arm robbery, said MSU Police Chief Georgia Lindley. More charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, she added.
"The incident was quickly contained, and there was no danger to others," Lindley said, observing that many students are completing final examinations and preparing to leave campus.
Commencement exercises are Saturday.
Lindley said the incident is unrelated to a strong-arm robbery reported April 21 near sorority row. Three suspects were arrested following an investigation of that incident.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY