May 1, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State University police officers arrested Danny Solomon following an early-morning incident today near McKee Hall, a university residence facility on East Lee Boulevard.
Officers called to the scene at approximately 4 a.m. have charged a suspect with strong-arm robbery, said MSU Police Chief Georgia Lindley. More charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, she added.
"The incident was quickly contained, and there was no danger to others," Lindley said, observing that many students are completing final examinations and preparing to leave campus.
Commencement exercises are Saturday.
Lindley said the incident is unrelated to a strong-arm robbery reported April 21 near sorority row. Three suspects were arrested following an investigation of that incident.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Running Man: Columbus cardiologist fled Uganda death squads as a teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY