May 1, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State University police officers arrested Danny Solomon following an early-morning incident today near McKee Hall, a university residence facility on East Lee Boulevard.
Officers called to the scene at approximately 4 a.m. have charged a suspect with strong-arm robbery, said MSU Police Chief Georgia Lindley. More charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, she added.
"The incident was quickly contained, and there was no danger to others," Lindley said, observing that many students are completing final examinations and preparing to leave campus.
Commencement exercises are Saturday.
Lindley said the incident is unrelated to a strong-arm robbery reported April 21 near sorority row. Three suspects were arrested following an investigation of that incident.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY