May 1, 2009
STARKVILLE -- Mississippi State University police officers arrested Danny Solomon following an early-morning incident today near McKee Hall, a university residence facility on East Lee Boulevard.
Officers called to the scene at approximately 4 a.m. have charged a suspect with strong-arm robbery, said MSU Police Chief Georgia Lindley. More charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, she added.
"The incident was quickly contained, and there was no danger to others," Lindley said, observing that many students are completing final examinations and preparing to leave campus.
Commencement exercises are Saturday.
Lindley said the incident is unrelated to a strong-arm robbery reported April 21 near sorority row. Three suspects were arrested following an investigation of that incident.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY