August 23, 2011 10:50:00 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8 a.m. on the MUW campus.
The disaster-preparedness exercise will simulate an active-shooter and chemical release on MUW campus.
The purpose of this exercise is to test the readiness, response and capabilities of the agencies during a random shooting on a college campus with mass casualties.
There will also be an after-action review for emergency-response agencies to have an interactive discussion regarding the exercise.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY