August 23, 2011 10:50:00 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8 a.m. on the MUW campus.
The disaster-preparedness exercise will simulate an active-shooter and chemical release on MUW campus.
The purpose of this exercise is to test the readiness, response and capabilities of the agencies during a random shooting on a college campus with mass casualties.
There will also be an after-action review for emergency-response agencies to have an interactive discussion regarding the exercise.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY