August 23, 2011 10:50:00 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8 a.m. on the MUW campus.
The disaster-preparedness exercise will simulate an active-shooter and chemical release on MUW campus.
The purpose of this exercise is to test the readiness, response and capabilities of the agencies during a random shooting on a college campus with mass casualties.
There will also be an after-action review for emergency-response agencies to have an interactive discussion regarding the exercise.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY