August 23, 2011 10:50:00 AM
Columbus-Lowndes emergency response agencies, in cooperation with Mississippi University for Women and Columbus Air Force Base, will conduct a disaster drill on Wednesday, at approximately 8 a.m. on the MUW campus.
The disaster-preparedness exercise will simulate an active-shooter and chemical release on MUW campus.
The purpose of this exercise is to test the readiness, response and capabilities of the agencies during a random shooting on a college campus with mass casualties.
There will also be an after-action review for emergency-response agencies to have an interactive discussion regarding the exercise.
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY