September 2, 2011 12:59:00 PM
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 61, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested Thursday evening for alleged embezzlement against Gordman Insurance Services.
The arrest took place at around 7 p.m. at 401 Seventh St. N., the location of the insurance company. Interim Columbus Police Chief Selvain McQueen said Lile was an employee of the company.
"She has been charged with embezzlement and that a large amount of money has been taken (from the company) over a period of time," McQueen said, noting he could not give an exact amount of how much money was stolen and only could say "a large amount."
"It''s a large sum of money," Jack Gordman, company owner said, but noted he did not want to give the estimated amount due to the ongoing investigation.
Lile has been released on bond, which was set at $5,000, McQueen said. The preliminary hearing date is scheduled for Oct. 6.
"The investigation started this week," McQueen said.
Gordman Insurance Services is a supplemental insurance provider for the city of Columbus, according to Chief Operating Officer David Armstrong.
"They''re not the major medical carrier but they are associated to the city," Armstrong said.
wwjd commented at 9/8/2011 11:36:00 AM:
Really hate this has happened to such a good person; seems there is no sympathy for the VICTIM in this situation. Where is the sympathy for the innocent?? last time I checked Embezzlement is stealing.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY