September 23, 2011 2:40:00 PM
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Derrick Ross Williams, 38, of 912 Oswalt Road in Columbus Sunday and charged him with four counts of aggravated assault with a weapon.
According to Det. James Faris with the LCSO, Williams assaulted a number of people with a pool stick at the Pop-A-Top Lounge on Highway 45 North early Sunday morning. Ross also was charged with armed robbery, burglary of a business and violation of parole.
"He jumped on a patron in the parking lot and took some money from him," Faris said, noting that is the reason for the armed robbery charge.
"He kicked the door in to get inside the lounge, and that's why he's charged with the burglary."
According to the arrest report, Ross was arrested at 1:30 a.m. the Sprint Mart on Highway 45 North.
The bond and court date had not been set as of this morning.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY