September 23, 2011 2:40:00 PM
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Derrick Ross Williams, 38, of 912 Oswalt Road in Columbus Sunday and charged him with four counts of aggravated assault with a weapon.
According to Det. James Faris with the LCSO, Williams assaulted a number of people with a pool stick at the Pop-A-Top Lounge on Highway 45 North early Sunday morning. Ross also was charged with armed robbery, burglary of a business and violation of parole.
"He jumped on a patron in the parking lot and took some money from him," Faris said, noting that is the reason for the armed robbery charge.
"He kicked the door in to get inside the lounge, and that's why he's charged with the burglary."
According to the arrest report, Ross was arrested at 1:30 a.m. the Sprint Mart on Highway 45 North.
The bond and court date had not been set as of this morning.
1. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY