September 23, 2011 2:40:00 PM
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Derrick Ross Williams, 38, of 912 Oswalt Road in Columbus Sunday and charged him with four counts of aggravated assault with a weapon.
According to Det. James Faris with the LCSO, Williams assaulted a number of people with a pool stick at the Pop-A-Top Lounge on Highway 45 North early Sunday morning. Ross also was charged with armed robbery, burglary of a business and violation of parole.
"He jumped on a patron in the parking lot and took some money from him," Faris said, noting that is the reason for the armed robbery charge.
"He kicked the door in to get inside the lounge, and that's why he's charged with the burglary."
According to the arrest report, Ross was arrested at 1:30 a.m. the Sprint Mart on Highway 45 North.
The bond and court date had not been set as of this morning.
1. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY