September 23, 2011 2:43:00 PM
STARKVILLE -- An Oktibbeha County man is charged with robbery after stealing cash from a man who gave him a ride from a convenience store, police said.
Sammie Bernard Reed, 41, whose last known address was 1507 Louisville St., Oktibbeha County, asked a man at the Chevron Station on 1030 Lousiville St. for a ride to Sand Road. The man gave Reed a ride, and during that time, Reed elbowed the victim, grabbed cash, jumped out the vehicle and ran into the woods.
Reed was later arrested on a charge of robbery. He remains in Clay County Jail where he is awaiting bond.
According to a Starkville Police Department press release, Reed is also being questioned in connection with multiple scams where people have been approached and asked for gas and money for a locksmith to unlock a vehicle.
Anyone with any information regarding this robbery or who believes that they have been a victim of a scam is encouraged to call Starkville police at 662-323-4131, or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Arrest report 6-21-18 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY