September 27, 2011 11:06:00 AM
The trial of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death opens Tuesday with a bit of star power and the one thing the King of Pop enjoyed throughout his life -- a worldwide audience.
The case will enter a crucial final act in a packed Los Angeles courtroom with opening statements and the start of testimony. Jackson's family, including his parents and many of his siblings, are expected to be present as dozens of reports cover the case. Proceedings also will be televised and broadcast online.
While much is known about Jackson's June 2009 death, the trial will reveal new information and provide a detailed record of the singer's final hours. Dr. Conrad Murray's trial is expected to be the first time that the public hears -- in the defendant's own words -- his account of what happened in the bedroom of Jackson's rented mansion.
After weeks of testimony, dozens of witnesses and final arguments, the jury will have its say.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man charged with aggravated assault for shooting in Cracker Barrel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel shooting suspect captured in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD arrests two for burglaries, drug trafficking STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Developer finalizes purchase of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY