February 4, 2009
STARKVILLE -- The Starkville school board Monday approved the calendar that will guide them as they begin to develop the 2009-10 budget. Superintendent James Covington had no words of comfort about what they can expect or how much funding will be available.
"We have to be very strategic when planning next year''s budget," Covington said.
He said they may have to make some classes larger to avoid hiring more teachers or replacing those lost naturally to attrition. He also said the district may have to rely more heavily on distance learning opportunities for their students.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY