February 4, 2009
STARKVILLE -- The Starkville school board Monday approved the calendar that will guide them as they begin to develop the 2009-10 budget. Superintendent James Covington had no words of comfort about what they can expect or how much funding will be available.
"We have to be very strategic when planning next year''s budget," Covington said.
He said they may have to make some classes larger to avoid hiring more teachers or replacing those lost naturally to attrition. He also said the district may have to rely more heavily on distance learning opportunities for their students.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY