November 17, 2011 8:05:00 PM
Update: As of 10:15 p.m. Thursday, there are no longer law enforcement units at the LCADC.
Authorities are investigating a bomb threat at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
911 received a call at around 7 p.m. Thursday regarding a possible bomb on the LCADC premises.
Authorities put the building on lockdown and set up a perimeter around the premises, and, according to an officer on scene, the exterior of the building was cleared with nothing found.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies responded and the LCSO is heading the investigation. Columbus police were on scene to assist.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY