November 17, 2011 8:05:00 PM
Update: As of 10:15 p.m. Thursday, there are no longer law enforcement units at the LCADC.
Authorities are investigating a bomb threat at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
911 received a call at around 7 p.m. Thursday regarding a possible bomb on the LCADC premises.
Authorities put the building on lockdown and set up a perimeter around the premises, and, according to an officer on scene, the exterior of the building was cleared with nothing found.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies responded and the LCSO is heading the investigation. Columbus police were on scene to assist.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY