November 17, 2011 8:05:00 PM
Update: As of 10:15 p.m. Thursday, there are no longer law enforcement units at the LCADC.
Authorities are investigating a bomb threat at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
911 received a call at around 7 p.m. Thursday regarding a possible bomb on the LCADC premises.
Authorities put the building on lockdown and set up a perimeter around the premises, and, according to an officer on scene, the exterior of the building was cleared with nothing found.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies responded and the LCSO is heading the investigation. Columbus police were on scene to assist.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY