November 17, 2011 8:05:00 PM
Update: As of 10:15 p.m. Thursday, there are no longer law enforcement units at the LCADC.
Authorities are investigating a bomb threat at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
911 received a call at around 7 p.m. Thursday regarding a possible bomb on the LCADC premises.
Authorities put the building on lockdown and set up a perimeter around the premises, and, according to an officer on scene, the exterior of the building was cleared with nothing found.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies responded and the LCSO is heading the investigation. Columbus police were on scene to assist.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY