November 17, 2011 8:05:00 PM
Update: As of 10:15 p.m. Thursday, there are no longer law enforcement units at the LCADC.
Authorities are investigating a bomb threat at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
911 received a call at around 7 p.m. Thursday regarding a possible bomb on the LCADC premises.
Authorities put the building on lockdown and set up a perimeter around the premises, and, according to an officer on scene, the exterior of the building was cleared with nothing found.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies responded and the LCSO is heading the investigation. Columbus police were on scene to assist.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY