May 14, 2009
The West Alabama Regional Commission was recently awarded the Gold Risk Management Award at the 2009 Annual Convention of the Alabama League of Municipalities in Montgomery, Ala. The award recognizes those members who have instituted risk management and loss control activities.
The WARC serves seven Alabama counties including Lamar and Pickens Counties. The agency provides community and economic development services, transportation planning for urban and rural communities, and a broad range of services and programs for senior citizens.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY