December 12, 2011 9:08:00 AM
LAUREL -- A Mississippi woman has pleaded guilty to embezzling thousands of dollars from the bank where she worked.
A federal indictment says Stacy Ishee was an employee of the Laurel branch of Citizens National Bank of Meridian. The indictment said she took cash from the bank's vault and created false documents to hide the theft. She was accused of taking $86,000 from the vault over a period of about a decade.
She pleaded guilty Thursday. Sentencing is set for March 1 in U.S. District Court in Hattiesburg.
Ishee is free on bond pending sentencing.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY