December 12, 2011 9:08:00 AM
LAUREL -- A Mississippi woman has pleaded guilty to embezzling thousands of dollars from the bank where she worked.
A federal indictment says Stacy Ishee was an employee of the Laurel branch of Citizens National Bank of Meridian. The indictment said she took cash from the bank's vault and created false documents to hide the theft. She was accused of taking $86,000 from the vault over a period of about a decade.
She pleaded guilty Thursday. Sentencing is set for March 1 in U.S. District Court in Hattiesburg.
Ishee is free on bond pending sentencing.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY