December 12, 2011 9:08:00 AM
LAUREL -- A Mississippi woman has pleaded guilty to embezzling thousands of dollars from the bank where she worked.
A federal indictment says Stacy Ishee was an employee of the Laurel branch of Citizens National Bank of Meridian. The indictment said she took cash from the bank's vault and created false documents to hide the theft. She was accused of taking $86,000 from the vault over a period of about a decade.
She pleaded guilty Thursday. Sentencing is set for March 1 in U.S. District Court in Hattiesburg.
Ishee is free on bond pending sentencing.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Five MSU students arrested for auto burglaries at Helix STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. New Hope student's wrongful arrest lawsuit moves forward COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY