December 19, 2011 9:18:00 AM
JACKSON -- A bluegrass band led by a Mississippi Supreme Court justice will perform Tuesday in the Capitol rotunda and host a concert that will include Christmas music.
Jess H. Dickinson will lead the Bluegrass Appeal band at the Christmas concert at 11:30 a.m
Dickinson plays the hammered dulcimer, Irish whistle, guitar and autoharp. Dickinson, who grew up in Tallahatchie County, learned to play guitar from his grandfather at age 8. He plays 31 musical instruments. He formed rock bands in high school and college, and worked briefly as a studio musician.
"There is only one universal language and that is music," the justice said. "It's been my passion all of my life."
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY