December 19, 2011 9:18:00 AM
JACKSON -- A bluegrass band led by a Mississippi Supreme Court justice will perform Tuesday in the Capitol rotunda and host a concert that will include Christmas music.
Jess H. Dickinson will lead the Bluegrass Appeal band at the Christmas concert at 11:30 a.m
Dickinson plays the hammered dulcimer, Irish whistle, guitar and autoharp. Dickinson, who grew up in Tallahatchie County, learned to play guitar from his grandfather at age 8. He plays 31 musical instruments. He formed rock bands in high school and college, and worked briefly as a studio musician.
"There is only one universal language and that is music," the justice said. "It's been my passion all of my life."
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Habitat for Humanity provides home for beloved CHS manager COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shots fired at Columbus Sprint Mart COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY