December 19, 2011 9:18:00 AM
JACKSON -- A bluegrass band led by a Mississippi Supreme Court justice will perform Tuesday in the Capitol rotunda and host a concert that will include Christmas music.
Jess H. Dickinson will lead the Bluegrass Appeal band at the Christmas concert at 11:30 a.m
Dickinson plays the hammered dulcimer, Irish whistle, guitar and autoharp. Dickinson, who grew up in Tallahatchie County, learned to play guitar from his grandfather at age 8. He plays 31 musical instruments. He formed rock bands in high school and college, and worked briefly as a studio musician.
"There is only one universal language and that is music," the justice said. "It's been my passion all of my life."
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY