December 22, 2011 4:54:00 PM
GREENVILLE -- A man accused of using counterfeit money at stores and yard sales in north Mississippi is scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 30 in federal court in Greenville.
Court records say Tommy R. Cooley used fake money in stores in Saltillo and Mooreville and at yard sales in and near Tupelo. He pleaded guilty in September.
Another suspect, Madonna K. Mason, also pleaded guilty in September. She's accused of helping make the fake money. Prosecutors are seeking the forfeiture of a digital camera, six computer cards and other equipment. Court records didn't say when she would be sentenced.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY