December 28, 2011 12:29:00 PM
RIPLEY -- The body of Ripley Mayor Kerry W. Hill was found Tuesday at his residence. He was 75.
Police Chief Scott White says there were no signs of foul play. White says Hill's son, Brad, had been unable to reach Hill by phone, went by his father's apartment and found his body.
Alderman Bonnie Caviness will serve as acting mayor until a new mayor is elected.
Officials with McBride Funeral Home said Wednesday that funeral arrangements are pending.
Hill served as mayor a number of years ago, but then was out of the public eye for some years. He was elected mayor again in 2009, defeating incumbent mayor Mike Harrison.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY