December 28, 2011 12:29:00 PM
RIPLEY -- The body of Ripley Mayor Kerry W. Hill was found Tuesday at his residence. He was 75.
Police Chief Scott White says there were no signs of foul play. White says Hill's son, Brad, had been unable to reach Hill by phone, went by his father's apartment and found his body.
Alderman Bonnie Caviness will serve as acting mayor until a new mayor is elected.
Officials with McBride Funeral Home said Wednesday that funeral arrangements are pending.
Hill served as mayor a number of years ago, but then was out of the public eye for some years. He was elected mayor again in 2009, defeating incumbent mayor Mike Harrison.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY