December 28, 2011 12:29:00 PM
RIPLEY -- The body of Ripley Mayor Kerry W. Hill was found Tuesday at his residence. He was 75.
Police Chief Scott White says there were no signs of foul play. White says Hill's son, Brad, had been unable to reach Hill by phone, went by his father's apartment and found his body.
Alderman Bonnie Caviness will serve as acting mayor until a new mayor is elected.
Officials with McBride Funeral Home said Wednesday that funeral arrangements are pending.
Hill served as mayor a number of years ago, but then was out of the public eye for some years. He was elected mayor again in 2009, defeating incumbent mayor Mike Harrison.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY