January 9, 2012 12:03:00 PM
By HOLBROOK MOHR
JACKSON -- Authorities say a second man has died from injuries sustained in the crash in southern Mississippi of a motorhome carrying people from Georgia to New Orleans to attend the national college football championship game.
Forrest County, Miss., Coroner Butch Benedict said Sunday that 66-year-old Alfred Holt Jr. of Lithonia, Ga., the driver of the vehicle, died Sunday. On Saturday evening, 47-year-old Darryl Parker of Riverdale, Ga., died in the wreck.
The motorhome's owner said he let a group of friends borrow the vehicle to travel from the Atlanta area to New Orleans to attend Monday's Bowl Championship Series national title game.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Miller said the motorhome blew a front tire, ran off Interstate 59 in Forrest County and hit a tree. At least 10 people were injured.
Copyright 2012, The Associated Press.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY