May 20, 2009
A Columbus man charged with capital murder in the 2008 shooting death of another Lowndes County man will face trial in the next Lowndes County session of 16th Circuit Court, in August. His trial -- set to begin today -- has been continued.
Charlton Aaron Colom, then 31, of 291 Sherman Circle, is charged with the December 2008 murder of 25-year-old Michael Gordon.
Officers believe the shooting happened after Colom knocked on Gordon''s door at 111 Bill Walker Road, at about 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 9, entered the residence and shot him once in the upper body.
The suspect fled the scene; Gordon was pronounced dead on arrival to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY