May 20, 2009
A Columbus man charged with capital murder in the 2008 shooting death of another Lowndes County man will face trial in the next Lowndes County session of 16th Circuit Court, in August. His trial -- set to begin today -- has been continued.
Charlton Aaron Colom, then 31, of 291 Sherman Circle, is charged with the December 2008 murder of 25-year-old Michael Gordon.
Officers believe the shooting happened after Colom knocked on Gordon''s door at 111 Bill Walker Road, at about 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 9, entered the residence and shot him once in the upper body.
The suspect fled the scene; Gordon was pronounced dead on arrival to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY