January 21, 2012 12:19:00 AM
HATTIESBURG -- A federal judge has sentenced four people who authorities say were involved in a south Mississippi methamphetamine distribution ring.
The Hattiesburg American reports Walter D. Price, Segsie Lee Magee and Louis R. Mickell Jr. pleaded guilty in October to conspiracy to possess 50 or more grams of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
U.S. District Court Judge Keith Starrett on Wednesday sentenced Price to 10 years and one month in prison to be followed by six years of supervised release.
Magee was sentenced to seven years and three months in prison with five years of supervised release. Mickell was given to four years and nine months in prison with three years of supervised release.
Reginald O. Posey, who pleaded guilty to possession of more than 50 grams of meth with intent to distribute, was sentenced to three years and 10 months in prison, to be followed by four years of supervised release.
Authorities say a total of 373 grams of meth was confiscated in the four arrests.
The four were arrested in various parts of south Mississippi following what authorities say was an 18-month investigation.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY