January 21, 2012 12:29:00 AM
PASCAGOULA -- Two teenagers have been arrested, accused of setting fires at Pascagoula's recreation complex.
City police told WLOX-TV that the teenagers -- both 15 years old -- were arrested Tuesday on charges of burglary, arson and malicious mischief.
Police said Thursday that the teenagers admitted breaking into the complex's concession stand Saturday afternoon, setting fire to a trash can and a table in the press box.
Darcie Crew, director of the Parks and Recreation Department, says the damage is estimated at about $800.
Police say the pair also put mulch and sticks in to the diesel tank of a county tractor kept at the facility.
Because of their age, their names were not released. It was not immediately known whether they remained in custody.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY