January 21, 2012 9:13:00 PM
The Associated Press
OCEAN SPRINGS -- Carl the rooster is back in Ocean Springs.
Carl is one of a small band of roaming roosters who have become a quirky novelty of downtown Ocean Springs. But Mayor Connie Moran said that residents, business owners and city visitors noticed that Carl was missing around New Year's Day. After a Facebook campaign was started to find Carl, Moran said the city received a tip that Carl was in the Vancleave area.
Jackson County officials recovered him last week from where he was being kept in a cage with a deer and a turkey. He's been roaming the streets again, although he had to be treated for an eye infection.
1. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY