January 21, 2012 9:13:00 PM
The Associated Press
OCEAN SPRINGS -- Carl the rooster is back in Ocean Springs.
Carl is one of a small band of roaming roosters who have become a quirky novelty of downtown Ocean Springs. But Mayor Connie Moran said that residents, business owners and city visitors noticed that Carl was missing around New Year's Day. After a Facebook campaign was started to find Carl, Moran said the city received a tip that Carl was in the Vancleave area.
Jackson County officials recovered him last week from where he was being kept in a cage with a deer and a turkey. He's been roaming the streets again, although he had to be treated for an eye infection.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY