January 23, 2012 11:20:00 AM
HATTIESBURG -- A 37-year-old Hattiesburg woman is in the Forrest County Jail charged with driving-under-the-influence/causing death or mutilation.
Police spokesman Eric Proulx tells the Hattiesburg American (http://hatne.ws/ztiZp0 ) Judy Haynes turned herself in Saturday night to Hattiesburg police after she allegedly ran over a man lying in the street between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Forrest County deputy coroner Jonathan Nobles identified the victim as 49-year-old Stanley Easterling of Hattiesburg.
Nobles said after being hit by a vehicle, Easterling was transported to Forrest General Hospital, where he died about 10 p.m.
Nobles said Easterling's body had been sent to Jackson for autopsy to officially determine a cause of death.
It was unclear whether Hyanes had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY