January 23, 2012 11:20:00 AM
HATTIESBURG -- A 37-year-old Hattiesburg woman is in the Forrest County Jail charged with driving-under-the-influence/causing death or mutilation.
Police spokesman Eric Proulx tells the Hattiesburg American (http://hatne.ws/ztiZp0 ) Judy Haynes turned herself in Saturday night to Hattiesburg police after she allegedly ran over a man lying in the street between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Forrest County deputy coroner Jonathan Nobles identified the victim as 49-year-old Stanley Easterling of Hattiesburg.
Nobles said after being hit by a vehicle, Easterling was transported to Forrest General Hospital, where he died about 10 p.m.
Nobles said Easterling's body had been sent to Jackson for autopsy to officially determine a cause of death.
It was unclear whether Hyanes had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY