A 17-year-old was arrested and another suspect is sought in connection with the robbery of a pizza delivery driver on Jan. 11.
Javontay DeShawn Carr, of 1604 24th St. N., was arrested last week at 14th Ave. N., near Moss Street and charged with armed robbery. The victim was delivering a pizza in the 2200 block of 26th St. N. when two armed men approached him and took a cellphone, cash and the pizza.
According to Assistant Chief Joe Johnson of the Columbus Police Department, an additional person may have been involved. He declined to give any further details about the incident or the second person the department is seeking.
Carr is being held at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $100,000 bond. His court date is March 1.
The following other felony arrests were reported this week by CPD and the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office:
- Demontrell Lashaun Fenton, 20, of 415 24th St. N., was arrested Jan. 24 by the CPD on a charge of possession of stolen property. Bond is $5,000; a court date has not been set.
- Triccio McGee Taylor, 49, of 1306 Sixth Ave. N., was arrested Jan. 26 by the CPD on a charge of aggravated assault, manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life. Bond is $7,500; the court date is March 15.
- Larry Jones Sr., 57, of 1104 22nd St. S., was arrested Jan. 27 by the CPD on a charge of possession of cocaine. Bond is $5,000; a court date has not been set.
- Elyswin Lamar Ewing, 22, of 559 Bugg St. Apt. 20, was arrested Jan. 28 by Mississippi Highway Patrol on charges of littering, giving false information, and possession of marijuana and cocaine. Bond is $6,210; a court date has not been set.
- Courtney Lydell Walters, 21, of 123 Deerfield Drive, was arrested Jan. 30 by CPD on two counts of burglary and larceny of a dwelling. The bond and court date have not been set.
- Daniel Robert Allen, 38, of 156 Priscilla Circle, was arrested Jan. 30 by LCSO on a charge of possession of a weapon by a felon. The bond and court date have not been set.
- Archie Kern Jr., 22, of 507 Holly Hills Road, No. 69, was arrested Jan. 31 by CPD on a charge of possession of more than one ounce of marijuana. The bond and court date have not been set.