February 2, 2012 10:25:00 AM
A 17-year-old was arrested and another suspect is sought in connection with the robbery of a pizza delivery driver on Jan. 11.
Javontay DeShawn Carr, of 1604 24th St. N., was arrested last week at 14th Ave. N., near Moss Street and charged with armed robbery. The victim was delivering a pizza in the 2200 block of 26th St. N. when two armed men approached him and took a cellphone, cash and the pizza.
According to Assistant Chief Joe Johnson of the Columbus Police Department, an additional person may have been involved. He declined to give any further details about the incident or the second person the department is seeking.
Carr is being held at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $100,000 bond. His court date is March 1.
The following other felony arrests were reported this week by CPD and the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office:
Carmen K. Sisson is the former news editor at The Dispatch.
1. Public wants inclusion in Starkville's comprehensive planning process STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Judge: Closed council gatherings in Columbus broke Open Meetings Act COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man sentenced to 5 years after Lowndes Co. DUI COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU fans travel in large numbers to SEC tourney STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes grand larceny, burglary arrests COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY