February 17, 2012 12:15:00 PM
JACKSON -- Noxubee County voters will choose a superintendent of schools in an April 3 special election.
A news release from Gov. Phil Bryant's office Thursday says a circuit court determined in January that a special election is needed because some absentee ballots were not properly processed in the August 2011 Democratic primary for Noxubee superintendent.
No other party fielded a candidate for superintendent in the November 2011 general election.
The school district's website says Roger W. Lidell is superintendent.
1. Columbus mayoral race gets ugly COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life in prison for capital murder of Lowndes teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ceco property sold to investment group COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. E-911 workers get ultimatum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Young gets 50 years for 2015 gas station shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY