February 17, 2012 12:15:00 PM
JACKSON -- Noxubee County voters will choose a superintendent of schools in an April 3 special election.
A news release from Gov. Phil Bryant's office Thursday says a circuit court determined in January that a special election is needed because some absentee ballots were not properly processed in the August 2011 Democratic primary for Noxubee superintendent.
No other party fielded a candidate for superintendent in the November 2011 general election.
The school district's website says Roger W. Lidell is superintendent.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY