February 17, 2012 12:15:00 PM
JACKSON -- Noxubee County voters will choose a superintendent of schools in an April 3 special election.
A news release from Gov. Phil Bryant's office Thursday says a circuit court determined in January that a special election is needed because some absentee ballots were not properly processed in the August 2011 Democratic primary for Noxubee superintendent.
No other party fielded a candidate for superintendent in the November 2011 general election.
The school district's website says Roger W. Lidell is superintendent.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY