February 17, 2012 12:15:00 PM
JACKSON -- Noxubee County voters will choose a superintendent of schools in an April 3 special election.
A news release from Gov. Phil Bryant's office Thursday says a circuit court determined in January that a special election is needed because some absentee ballots were not properly processed in the August 2011 Democratic primary for Noxubee superintendent.
No other party fielded a candidate for superintendent in the November 2011 general election.
The school district's website says Roger W. Lidell is superintendent.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY