February 17, 2012 12:15:00 PM
JACKSON -- Noxubee County voters will choose a superintendent of schools in an April 3 special election.
A news release from Gov. Phil Bryant's office Thursday says a circuit court determined in January that a special election is needed because some absentee ballots were not properly processed in the August 2011 Democratic primary for Noxubee superintendent.
No other party fielded a candidate for superintendent in the November 2011 general election.
The school district's website says Roger W. Lidell is superintendent.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY