May 27, 2009
The Frank Phillips YMCA Saturday presents "Healthy Kids Day," sponsored by the Columbus Kiwanis Club. From 9 a.m. until noon, the downtown YMCA will present the nation''s largest health day for children and families, featuring activities to promote wellness and healthy living.
Activities will be held both inside and outside at the downtown Y. The event is free and open to the public.
"Everybody in the community is invited," said Barbara Bigelow, YMCA director of community relations. "Healthy Kids Day is a wonderful event which focuses on health, nutrition and exercise for our children and families. It shows that exercise and movement can be easy and fun!
"We''re really just trying to come together as a community," continued Bigelow. "It''s called Healthy Kids Day, but we want to focus on the family as well. And, families and individuals can join the Y on HKD and pay no joining fee."
Activities will include a 1-mile family fun walk at 10 a.m., face painting, interactive games, YMCA summer camp sign-up, inflatable bouncers, a dunking booth, bicycle and water safety, firefighter combat challenge, fingerprinting, Mother Goose and much more.
For more information, contact the downtown YMCA, 662-328-7696.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY