March 3, 2012 10:14:00 PM
WINSTON COUNTY -- Two Winston County men were arrested Thursday for manufacturing and selling moonshine.
Agents from the Mississippi Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control executed a search warrant at the residence of P.E. Graham, at 305 Goldman Road in Noxapater.
Agents seized 40 gallons of moonshine and 300 pounds of sugar.
A search also took place at a second property owned by Graham at 12900 Highway 25 in Noxapater.
A six-barrel distillery, along with 300 gallons of rye mash and a 150-gallon stainless steel cooker were seized, and the still was destroyed.
Graham has charges pending for possession of an illicit distillery and possession of non-tax paid whiskey (moonshine).
J.W. "Dub" Woods, of 6938 Mars Hill Road in Philadelphia, was also arrested on charges related to the manufacture and sale of moonshine whiskey.
Woods was arrested for two counts of sale of non-tax paid whiskey resulting from purchases made by an undercover agent. Additionally, he was charged with possession of non-tax paid whiskey (moonshine), resulting from search warrants executed at his residence. Woods was transported to Winston County Jail and held pending bond.
The investigation continues, and police say more arrests are possible.
1. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY